Ad hoc module survey on "Work Organisation and Working Time Arrangements" was applied together with Household Labour Force Survey in the second quarter of 2019 (April, May and June).
The aim of this module which was conducted with the scope of harmonization with European Union is to measure aspects of work organisation and working time arrangements identifying their flexibility for workers and employers. The module covers all 15 years and over employed individuals. The research conducted in the same period with the European Union countries is the first modular survey in our country and more detailed information on survey is given in Annex of this Press Release.The ratio of regular or casual employees stated that they can decide the start and end of the working time themselves was 6.2%
In Turkey, the second quarter of 2019, 29.8% of the 28 million 269 thousand employed persons said that he/she could decide the start and end of working time themselves. This ratio were 28.5% for males and 32.7% for females. 9% of the employed persons stated that they can decide the start and end of the working time according to certain restrictions and 61.1% stated that they determine according to the employer or organisation, the clients, tasks or legal regulations.
According to the status in employment, 6.2% of regular or casual employees, 77.6% of employers, 83% of self-employed and 78.2% of unpaid family workers decide the start and end of working time themselves.Flexibility of employed persons to start and end of working time, Quarter II: April - June, 2019
The most challenging occupational group was plant and machine operators and assemblers in terms of taking hourly and daily leave
The most difficult group to take hourly leave in one working day was plant and machine operators and assemblers with 31.6%. In the same occupational group, 40.4% of the employees stated that it was difficult to take leave for the next few days within three working days.
The easiest occupational group to get hourly leave was skilled agricultural, forestry and fishery workers with 97.8%. 94.1% of the employees in this group stated that it was easy to take daily leave.41.5% of employed persons stated that they work under time pressure
Time pressure is the pressure to finish tasks within a time span that is considered insufficient. According to the results of the survey, 41.5% of the employed persons stated that they were working under time pressure, while the remaining 58.5% stated that they did not work under time pressure.
While 47.3% of regular or casual employees stated that they were working under time pressure, this rate was 39.3% for employers, 29.3% for self-employed and 24.8% for unpaid family workers.The ratio of working under time pressure, Quarter II: April - June, 2019
Presence or working hours at work are recorded for 59.9% of regular or casual employee
48.8% of regular or casual employees stated that their working hours, 11% of regular or casual employees stated that their presence at work recorded in the workplace. The ratio of those who did not have record of presence or working hours at workplace was 40.1%.
The recording of working hours at work was 65.5%, the recording of presence at work for them was 6.3% in the industrial sector for regular or casual employees. These rates were 47.3% and 13.3% respectively in the services sector.The recording of presence or working hours of regular or casual employee, Quarter II: April - June, 201931.3% of the employed persons was contacted on work matters out of their working time
21.7% of employed persons were contacted in the last two months by employers, chief or clients once or twice on work matters out of their working time, and 9.6% of them were contacted three or more times. 2.8% of those contacted three or more times were expected to take action before their next working day/working hour, while 6.7% were not expected to take action. 68.7% of employed persons have not been contacted in the last two months on any work matters out of their working hours.60.6% of employed persons have an average commuting time less than 30 minutes
While 30.3% of the employed persons stated that the average commuting time between home and work (one way) was less than 15 minutes, 30.3% were between 15-30 minutes, 26.6% were 30-59 minutes, 6.2% of them reached the workplace between 60-89 minutes. 1.3% for employed persons has 90 minutes or more commuting time between home and work. 5.4% of the employed persons stated that they works their own home.